So my week started out very hectic and has not stopped. Sunday we went down to Debbie and Dave's to get the boys (who had spent the night) and also install our new cargo roof rack for vacation. What I thought would take maybe a 1/2 hour turned into 4. The cargo rack was "rescued" from the dumpster by Dave, it was brand new, but missing the bolts to attach to the roof rack. So he had to make each bolt. Thanks to his craftsmanship and abundance of tools they got it done.
On Tuesday I finally started doing the mounds of laundry from the weekend. After the first load the washing machine had leaked all over the floor. We had this problem a week ago, but it seemed to have stopped. Now it was back with a vengeance. So as soon as Ryan got home we were out the door washer/dryer shopping. We ended up getting a very nice LG front load washer and the matching dryer for $699 each. I love them! Plus we posted the old ones on craigslist, immediately got a response and sold them the next day for $200.
On Thursday on the way to take Brennan to school and run a bunch of morning errands, I noticed the van didn't seem to driving right. So I dropped him off and pulled over. I got and discovered the front passenger tire was completely flat, like I really should not have driven on it. So I inched home praying I wasn't doing any additional damage. My Dad came right over and took the tire off, I ran it up to the tire place and got a new tire..another $166.
I haven't been able to find my bank card since Monday. I have a really bad habit of sticking it in different spots after I use it , instead of the same place in my wallet. I was prepared to cancel it and go to the bank and get a new one. Last night I am laying in bed and it hits me. I had picked up a prescription and they stuck my card in the bag...I threw the bag in the trash. So at 7:00 this morning I am outside with gloves on digging through a weeks worth of garbage. I found it and it was in the prescription bag.
Ryan just called and said the called overtime all weekend. 12 hour days starting today. He won't be home until 8 each night. Come next Friday he will have worked 19 days in a row. He works so hard to provide for us.
Thank God VACATION is just around the corner! I am counting the days..
Everything Bagel Cheeseball
8 years ago
2 comments:
Wow! What a week you had. You do need that vacation that is coming!!!
Man, it sounds like a rough week! You will have definitely earned a vacation at the beach. Hope you guys have fun!
btw, sorry to hear about your washing machine. We seem to be doing everything at the same time w/o even knowing it, vacuums, cargo racks, etc. We ended up having to get a new washer and dryer last month and we also got the LG front loaders. That is so funny! The first week we got them I was hunting around the house for clothes to wash every day. It was like a new toy.
Have a fun trip! :)
Post a Comment